Reflections On Christmas Eve
Well, we made it to WV with all flights on time, my children quasi-behaving and the airlines didn't lose our luggage. Holy CRAP. I think I gotta sit down cuz I'm gonna have the Big One.
The weather here is warm, but it's great to be with family. At this time of year, being with the ones you love is what it's all about. And the children...this is a magical time of year for them and I am hanging on to that for dear life since mine are growing up at the speed of light.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas. I might not be back to post until after tomorrow, so let me leave you with this clip and song that I love - I borrowed if from Stormy19 over at MySpace.
May peace, love and joy be with you all.
(**The video clip that I'd posted has been removed from YouTube. It was for the John Lennon song, "Happy Christmas". Here are the lyrics, courtesy of www.wowlyrics.com :
So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young
A very Merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
And so this is Christmas
For weak and for strong
for rich and the poor ones
the world is so wrong
And so happy Christmas
For black and for white
for yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight
A very Merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
And so this is Christmas
and what have we done
another year over
and a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
the near and the dear one
the old and the young
A very Merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
War is over over
If you want it
War is over
Now...






2 Comments:
Whenever I hear a song that Lennon wrote, I stop and wonder what the music scene would be like today?! All politics aside, the man knew how to write songs that had meaning.
On MySpace, I'm Stormkat19 and on Blogger, I'm Stormy.
I know....too many versions of "storm." Sorry about that!!
Hope you are having fun.
LOL --YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! That's all that matters! :p
Hope you had a ownderful holiday - I have to do some blog catching up on my days off this week! :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home