Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Friday, December 08, 2006

My 34th Birthday - The Aftermath


Well, another year come and gone. Big whoop-dee-do.

My day yesterday was OK. We ended up having to cancel our plans last night because my oldest daughter was sick with flu-like symptoms and so was my Mom/babysitter. I wasn't going to leave my child when she was sick with someone else who was sick who couldn't care for her adequately. So I am not upset or bitter...the celebration is just going to come a few days late, I suppose. If all I get is dinner & a movie, that would RAWK by me.

A few people forgot & it wasn't all hyped like usual, but I am over that. It doesn't bother me like it used to. Maybe in the future, if they forget, I can still make it another year with those people STILL THINKING I am a year YOUNGER!??? Hmm...? LOL! :-D

When I was a kid it always sucked having a holiday time birthday. I always got the shit end of the stick there...cheesy presents, IOU's for presents I would get @ Christmas..no birthday parties (I think I had 3 or 4 between birth & my 16th birthday) But now, not so much. I mean it IS "My Day", and I still like to be remembered and I love the gifts & the red velvet cake with the cream cheese frosting. But when it comes right down to it...I can get those things most any day and my TRUE FRIENDS are the ones that remembered :o)
I'm just happy that I made it through another year. Alive & (mostly) well!

At least I had the day off.... "Chardonnay - you're my ONLY friend!" :p

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, December 08, 2006 , Blogger Nicki said...

Hope you had a happy birthday, darlin'! You got my cards, right?

 
At 12:47 PM, December 09, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Yes I did. Hoops & YoYo RAWK...thanks, Babe! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home