The Utah Mine Tragedy
What is with that whole mine collapse in Utah? WHY IS THIS STILL HAPPENING? PEOPLE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!
We get news here in AZ about it daily. Back on the 7th, CEO Robert E. Murray said that the rescue effort would only take 3 days.
Here we are TWELVE DAYS LATER - more deaths have occurred and those miners are dead. No doubt in my mind. Seriously -WHAT is the hold up? Get in there, get those men out, lay them to rest and let the families get some closure.
I am thinking SOMEHOW this is TOTALLY political.
THIS ARTICLE pissed me off the most. I think they need to put Mr. Murray underground after all of this is said an done. Granted we NEED mining and miners, but they deserve an unsurpassed level of safety in their jobs. Did we not learn from the WV tragedy last year? WHY is mine safety still something that's so overlooked?
And am I a BAD PERSON to say that if WOMEN were in charge of mines and mining that this would already be over and done with?
Gah....what a pissy day.






3 Comments:
We totally need to start harnessing the power of corn. You never hear of anybody dying in a corn pickin' accident.
OMG THAT IS SO TRUE, Freak! I have been reading about that over the last few years too - and there's much potential there! Of course the conversion would be costly and take a while, but the long term benefits far outweigh the short term inconveniences!
I can remember back in the 80s, my uncle in TX (he was a grain/crop farmer at the time) was govt. subsidized - he would have silo upin silo of harvest that would just SIT THERE!!!!!
Wonder if he's suffering from a bad case of "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda" NOW???
That's supposed to be UPON, not "upin"
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home