Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Saturday Night Of Suspense...

I decided to indulge myself last night in 2 pretty cool movies while the children were out of the house. Good thing I did - both contained more blood than my local Red Cross blood bank!!!!!



This one was...hard to wrap my mind around, so I'm going to read the book. The acting was superb, though, and I love Tommy Lee Jones, so I can see where this one won the Oscar this year. I had never heard much about actor Javier Bardem, and his performance gave me chills at some points. He made the Anton character elusive and sociopathic; that's the main reason I want to read the novel by Cormac McCarthy - the book usually give one a tad more insight than the movie.



This one...was almost like a 2 for 1. I grew up hearing whispers and jokes about adult film legend John Homes (like my family didn't see the Internet coming and didn't know that I wouldn't forget such things!) so I've read up about him. I knew little of the Wonderland Avenue murders. Now I know...and is it any coincidence that he died of AIDS in 1988??? God don't like ugly, now....

Anyhow, all I DO know is that I obliterated THREE of my fingernails last night while watching these movies. Very suspenseful and always keeping you guessing what was going to happen next. Talk about your "nail-biters!"

I highly recommend both.

Note To Self: Wear GLOVES during next Saturday night's "Suspense Film Fest."

1 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, April 17, 2008 , Blogger Nicki said...

Both, good flicks. Thumbs up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home