Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Friday, December 26, 2008

If It Ain't One Thing...


...it's the crappy-assed American economy.


I got laid off today. Indefinitely. They are eliminating my job position. Business has been so slow they say they can't afford to keep me on the payroll.


WTF?


Why dd the other 5 chicks that were hired AFTER me get to keep THEIR jobs today? Why wasn't one of them let go and me placed in her spot? What gives? Does SENIORITY not account for ANYTHING anymore???

I am crushed. I did this unemployment thing last year and it about drove me nuts. I don't know if I can do it again? Our area has almost NO JOBS unless you're a professional or a tradesman. I am considering finishing school, then I too, will be a tradesman..er, uh, WOMAN.


But right now there's just a million things going through my head and I need some time to sort it all out. I hadn't been updating much because I've been so busy with work and every other aspect of my life, but I guess now I'll be eat up with time for a while, so I can update more.


Personally, I think this had more to do with a personal vendetta than finances. The Drs that work @ the clinic travel around the world several times a year. You can't tell me they aren't making a bit o' coin. The Administrator and the Office Manager have had it out for me form the beginning. Always looking at me when I'd make a joke like I had 3 heads or something. Always arguing with me when I had FACTS to back up that I was RIGHT. Never bending a little with my schedule when I asked, but bending over backwards to accommodate my peers when they asked. I am not stupid. In fact, I am rather intuitive to other people. It's almost like a 6th sense. Sometimes it's a blessing other times a curse. They tell me that my lay off is indefinite. If there are positions that come available, they will call me - if they remember to.


Whatever.


They've wanted to get rid of me ever since I fried my first computer's hard drive. After that incident. I never so much as got a hello. I got passed over for a $50 bonus AND got written up. All over one computer hard drive that CAN BE FIXED - they are just too CHEAP to take it to a shop and have it done. Better to alienate and make a spectacle out of the employee that made a mistake.


Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? Maybe there's something else that I was meant for out there? Maybe I will slowly lose my mind and go insane and have to be locked away? Who knows?

All I know is that THIS IS NOT how I had envisioned spending my New Year holiday - and DEFINITELY NOT how I imagined I'd start 2009.


Odd numbered years always were the worst ones for me.

5 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, December 27, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sucks.... but you are right - there is something better for you. I've been made redundant too. Tho I got six months notice. I felt really settled there. Work was ok, bearable. All the best. Stay positive - it does make all the difference.

I hope 2009 is good for you and yours x

 
At 2:40 PM, December 27, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, girl! I am SO~OO sorry to hear about this! That totally sucks! You know what, though, you are probably going to be right when you said that it is a blessing in disguise. I was "let go" from two jobs before and the jobs that I found afterwards were so~oo much better! You will make it through this! You've made it through worse in your life and came out a stronger person, so this will make you stronger, too! You are getting unemployment, right? I know it's not much, but at least that will help a little bit. Take care and I wish you the best of luck in trying to find a new job! It will happen - keep your hopes up! :-)

 
At 7:04 PM, December 28, 2008 , Blogger Nicki said...

Dude, how'd you fry the harddrive? Were you downloading gimp porn again?

**side note - my word verification is plevily. I don't know what it means, or if it's even a word, but I'm gonna use it.

 
At 7:20 PM, December 28, 2008 , Blogger Nicki said...

Ooo! That reminds me - I have to download something...

 
At 10:20 PM, January 02, 2009 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

TLC - thanks for the nice words. I am trying my damndest to remain optimistic that this is a blessing in disguise. More info as it warrants!

Nicole: Thanks for being my Best Cheer Leader; it's hard to think bad thoughts when I read your inspiring words.

Freak: No porn, I downloaded YOUR BLOG. Fried the hard drive like an egg. I have NO IDEA what happened?

:p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home