Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Catching My Breath..

..I haven't been THIS busy for a long time! But you know what? I kind of like it! Now if I could just get the guys from Queer Eye For The Straight Guy to come knock out my house and get me organized, I would be set for life! LOL!

OK...let's re-cap, shall we?

This past week, from 8/9-8/13, I trained at work. Got to know the lay of the land, the buildings, what's secured, what's alarmed, what's pinned, who's allowed in and who isn't. All kinds of things like that. Training with MF was cool. She knows a LOT of stuff! So I felt good enough for them to turn me loose tonight (Sunday) all alone! I have been out and about in *MY* pick up truck ("My Kota"), on the golf cart, on foot....covering my domain. I still have to go through 2 more buildings. Want to get more familiar with them. They are pretty important ones, too! One is an Engineering Bldg with massive dollar amounts of equipment in it. That's a lot of responsibility for me! LOL! I wonder if they know how ditzy I can be sometimes??

I got to meet another new friend yesterday! PD from Tucson. That was fun. It was nice to finally meet PD. And yes, it's a friend I made ON THE NET...so you all can ridicule me all you want. Just know that if I didn't feel OK with it, I wouldn't have done it! Not everyone you meet on the internet is a crazed stalker. I still believe that deep down ALL people suck...there's just a certain few that don't and those are the people *I* know. :)

And then "The Girls" came over last night and we all got lit up. "To'e up from the flo' up til we tho' up!" >:) It wouldn't have been so bad but Ralph was there crashing our party. I couldn't talk about NOTHING...not "B", not DIM, not PD...no one..and they were stupid enough to sit there and ask me questions! I was like, "You guys! SHHHHH!" Jeez Louise...sometimes I don't think JD or BC THINK before they speak! And then JD had the NERVE to say, "this is boring you guys!".......Um...HELLO!? We're all OLD now and PARTYING does not consist of blasting music and jumping around. Now if you wanna take it to the club, I will be more than happy to get down with my bad self, but while we are up in MY HOUSE ("Lillian!") let's just be mellow, you know? We keep talking about going out, but I don't know WHEN we are gonna do it? We need to. I am thinking All Male Revue, myself >:) More on that as it warrants.

Speaking of Ralph...he's all up in trauma over me working FT. He said today, "I don't know if I can deal with just seeing you a couple of hours a day then when we go to bed @ night." OH PUH-LEEZ. Cut the crap. You barely notice me when I am standing right in front of you...don't try to bullshit a bullshitter! I dunno? He has an interview with Phelps-Dodge Mining in Bagdad, AZ on Wed. Yes, BAGDAD--stop laughing now. The only thing that sucks is there would be a move involved. Now, I think that he should just go over there and stay in a bunker house or with other guys and me and the girls should stay here. Bayleigh thrives in her school and I don't want to be uprooting the poor kids everytime we turn around. It's been my LUCK so far that Bayleigh has adapted to moving around so much, but I would really like to be DONE with moving so much. He thinks I have ulterior motives for wanting to stay in Prescott Valley. I DON'T. I am just thinking that if he wants me to give up this job so I can move to "BAGDAD POP. 500", I DO NOT THINK SO. No way, no sir, no how. I have waited a LONG time for a job like this and I intend to stay as long as humanly possible. So I guess if he doesn't like it, then there's the door and that's that. He's so determined that we're going to stay together. Well, as a friend of mine told me on the phone Friday, "Sometimes the decisions that are best for you are the hardest ones to make." (You know who you are). The more I think about it, the more profound it gets. You are too insightful for your own good, DIM.

Other than that, not much is happening on my end. I am really wrapped up in work for the first time in like FOREVER. And like I said, I am GLAD for that. I feel like I am really DOING SOMETHING now. I almost feel like I've been FREED.

Oh--Bayleigh is LOVING school. I am taking her tomorrow so I can meet her new teacher. I am on my regular schedule now. 2-10p, Fri - Tuesday. Doesn't SEEM like 5 days, but it is. Now I have to get back on my gym schedule. Hopefully the medication change that my Dr. made on Thursday (8/12) will begin to show me some results with the diet and exercise. If you didn't already hear my incessant whining, I have a weight problem that I am tackling with full force. New job, new responsibilities, ALL new image. That's the progression I am hoping for! I feel like I can do it, too. Now that I have the medical assistance I need, maybe I'll get some results. If it's one thing I have learned over the last year and a half it's: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP. Asking someone for help does not make you a weaker person. I truly believe that. I'll keep y'all posted.

Well, I had better get out there and patrol my campus! tonight has gone by quickly. I hope every night is like this! Until I can get on here again...bye for now! :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home