Appalachian Adventures - Day 6
WOO HOO! WE FINALLY GOT OUR LUGGAGE! They delivered it just in the nick of time before the 5 day grace period (for them) expired and they would have had to settle our claim. And everything was in tact. Praise Jesus...oh wait--am I allowed to say that!?!?!?!?
Ralph and I finally got to go out today and do one of my favorite things: The Dollar Store circuit! Lewisburg has got to have more dollar stores per capita than any other place I've ever seen! I'd only gotten to go to ONE before today, but today we went to Dollar General, Magic Mart, Crossroads and had lunch @ Long John Silver's.
Now I know that LJS is not that big of a deal to some people, but it's like that old saying: You don't know what you've got til it's gone? I LOVE LJS!!!! OMG! We haven't had one in town since we lived in Yuma and that was 8 years ago! I mean you take for granted things that you are used to having access to daily. When you can't have it- you want it. So that was something to relish...and I loved every artery-hardening minute of it!!!!! The hushpuppies are my favorite. Nummy! (Simple pleasures...... :) !!! )
And I picked up a few things for friends at the stores we went to. Mailed some postcards. It wouldn't be a vacation for me without sending a few corny postcards from Cousin-Lovin' Country. :p I even got some good deals on after Xmas sales, too. I guess my love and passion for shopping will never die! LOL..although I could just window shop all day long and never purchase a THING! Hee hee...
Talked to Mom today...she said they fixed all the broken stuff in our place Yesterday, but that Milo never came home :( I am afraid my kitty is gone... I don't know how I am gonna explain it to the girls. They love that stinkin' cat and so do I! *sob*
Well, it's about time for us to be leaving for Charleston. I will spend most of the day tomorrow on a plane. I am looking forward to getting HOME...it's not much, but it's MINE. Hopefully our luggage will all make it to PHX ontime! Fawkers!
See ya in Arizona!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home