A Series Of Unfortunate Events.....
This has been the WEEK FROM HELL. If you haven't heard much from me, that's why. I am seriously NOT in the mood. If I could stay in bed until NEXT week, that would RAWK!
:(
When I woke up on Monday morning, June the 20th, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. I was off work that day, didn’t have my kids under foot, and I was going to Phoenix, AZ, to see WWE’S MONDAY NIGHT RAW. I know a lot of people think wrestling is an ignorant, white trash, “Jackass” wanna-be-sport. You know what? I could care less. I am sure that you’ve got something that you are passionate about and have loved for a long time that has an underground “cult-type” following. And you know what else? I could really give a rat’s ass about it. See? No harm, no foul—to each his own.
So I had to take my Mom to an appointment. She needed an errand too. I didn’t mind. I figured we had time. I stopped and gassed up and hit the ATM on the way home. Streamlining my countdown. Ready to roll.
I get home and start getting things together. It was about 2p. I got Ralph up from his post-graveyard shift nap. We left around 3p. We realized en route on the freeway that the starting time for the show WAS NOT the usual 730p. It was 530p! We were hauling some serious ass.
Long story short? The direct freeway route was closed due to wild fires and we had already gone 45 miles. We turned around, went back through Prescott and it took FOREVER because the speed limit was anywhere from 25-55 MPH. It took us 4.5 hours to get to the show. And we got lost. Turned around. Finally got there. Got into America West Arena….only in time to see THE FINAL MATCH UP. It was 8p and I was so disappointed.
On top of that, Alice Cooper’s Town closed early because “it has been slow all day”…yeah, right…even though a MAJOR ARENA EVENT just dissipated down the street from you!? Something just does NOT sound right with that for the life of me.
So, basically, I got to take the scenic route to PHX to see ONE $75 wrestling match and have dinner @ Taco Bell.
Tuesday wasn’t SO bad, but it was incredibly busy and I had to plunge 3 toilets in the dorms. ARG!!! I swear-if it weren’t for all of the OTHER shit I get away with @ work, I would SOO be verbally abusing someone regarding THAT aspect of my job!!!!!!
Then Wednesday I broke one of my teeth in half and have to have an emergency (read: COSTS LOTSA MONEY TO BE SEEN SO QUICKLY!!!) procedure to crown the tooth. I am in so much pain right now, but comfortably numb thanks to my friend Vic O. Din. I hope that they are able to hit the right nerve tomorrow to get this done. I got 4 shots today and none of them made me numb enough to have the drill on it. Ug. I hate that thing.
So I am just really discouraged thus far in how bad this week’s been. I am ready for something good to happen. Hopefully my next post will be more positive. Thanks for riding out my rant. I'm off to the dentist for more drillin' this morning. Heaven help me.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home