Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, July 23, 2005

We're The 2 That The Little Boys' Mamas Warned Them About!


PROOF THAT ME AND FREAK MAGNET ARE FRIENDS!

And mucho kudos to Stewie for takin' us out that night and snapping the picture :)

My favorite memory about this picture was it was the first time in 15 years that I actually got to meet my "pen pal", Freak. It was 20 days after my 30th birthday and she bought this little ribbon that said "30" and I wore it out, because we WERE celebrating my birthday!! And Stewie was our driver that night...it was my first time meeting him and I thought--and still think--he's one of the coolest people I know, even though I am certain he wants to renounce knowing me :p Anyhow, we drove, and missed the male strippers cuz the club was closed for the holiday or something like that, I remember, then we ended up @ this little waterfront club (where this photo was taken) where Freak, Stewie and me got to see LAUGHING COLORS--a COOL local MD band that she'd turned me onto in previous years. I do LOVE their music! She was embarrassed though, because she says LC shows are always so much more active and with more people, but I think I enjoyed it more because it wasn't. I could really listen to the music and didn't have to worry about having to beat the crap out of some blonde floozy for spilling my drink on me. *I* had a great time even if they didn't. And even though my visit was short, it was one of THE BEST MEMORIES OF MY LIFE!

And the real kicker!? I was probably Stage IIB-IIIA when this photo was taken. I was sick an didn't even know it. But that didn't stop me from spending time with one of the bestest friends anyone could ever wanna have. ;)

I love you Woman! :)

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, July 24, 2005 , Blogger Nicki said...

I remember that weekend. I was as sick as a DOG and still spent 20 out of 42 hours driving so we could hang out.

I also remember sending you home with a bag or two more than you came with, full of gifts! :-D

 
At 12:32 PM, July 24, 2005 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

And THAT is how I KNEW you were a TRUE FRIEND, through and through. Not just ANYONE would drive all that distance JUST to hang out.

I still want to come visit you and take in some of the sights I didn't get to see & visit some of those places you said you wanted to take me. When there's time of course.

Just know that by no means did I ever feel that weekend "wasn't worth it"...presents or NO presents. That's not why I wanted to come see you :)

Crap--that reminds me I gotta find a box for your birthday present...by God you ARE going to get it BY your birthday this year! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home