Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Cuz There Ain't No Cure For The Summertime Blues...

I HATE SUMMER.

I've always hated summer. ESPECIALLY in Arizona. It's hot, it's miserable, there's bugs, sweating all day makes you stink worse than you thought you ever could and there's other things too:

1. LACK OF RAIN - it's so hot and unbearable here, so some rain would be welcomed, not to mention that AZ is just a big piece of dry kindling waiting to be ignited by some ignorant idiot driving across the state who doesn't want to use the nice clean ash tray that his SUV came with, so he throws his cigarette butt out the window thinking that there's no way THAT could start a fire. Yeah, Pal, you're exempt from the laws of science and nature.

2. HEAT MAKES PEOPLE GRUMPY - If I have to deal with one more person who bites MY head off for something that's NOT my fault or something that I had NOTHING to do with, I think I am going to go postal. I am so sick of this. This is a perpetual problem no matter WHERE you go or what you do..as long as the mercury's up, everyone's grump-o-meter will be too (and yes, that includes MINE)! GAR-ON-TEED.

3. HEAT SICKNESS - I haven't felt RIGHT since before the pneumonia. I go between sweating profusely to barely sweating at all. I drink so much water trying to maintain hydration that I get bloated. I can barely eat, because if I do, I'll more than likely end up puking my toenails up. I just feel like I am on the verge of fainting 24/7. And if my Dr. tells me to "lose weight" one more time, I am gonna poke him in the eye. Cuz I AM losing weight...BECAUSE I AM SWEATING LIKE A PIG ALL THE TIME. Yeah, Doc, that 3 pounds that I lost last week? They didn't fall off by themselves...more like they DRIPPED off. >:-\ Grrr....

4. SCHOOL BEING OUT - What more can I say? This is as unavoidable as the heat! I know there's not much I can do about it, but, it's a bother nonetheless. I am so NOT used to this as I am an only child and never had brothers or sisters to have to deal with. Those 2 are up my butt CONSTANTLY. I guess that it's true that people change from generation to generation. I can remember when I was a kid and could tolerate the heat better, I was ALWAYS out doing something. My imagination ran wild. I never went to my parents or grandparents and uttered the words, "I'm bored..what is there to do?" Oh hell no..if I'da ever said THAT, I would have gotten stuck with CHORES. I already had a set of THOSE. I didn't NEED anymore. I guess that's what I have to start doing with the girls. Those 2 cannot entertain themselves to save their lives! Unless it comes to WATER, then there's no problem, but with the pending and promised "monsoon" season upon us here in AZ, thunderstorms means less time outside and in & around water. Good God...Lord give me PATIENCE, because if you give me STRENGTH, I might use it to harm the children {:-X

5. Have I mentioned THE HEAT!? I can't cook because it heats up the house (--and there's ONLY SO MUCH cooking you can do on the grill! Trust me--I've tried!), my electric bills are well over $100 every month between June - September, I feel like I need oven mits to drive the car, my meds make me sweat like a whore in church and I just can't tolerate the way I feel due to all of this. There are SO many people around here who don't have AC and I don't know HOW they live!? This can't be healthy. Alot of people say, "I LOVE THE HEAT! I LOVE IT WARM".....Bah! YOU CAN HAVE IT. I swear I am going to move to Alaska before I die. You can always layer on clothes and get warm, etc., but once you're hot and so far gone, there's not a lot else you can do!

And as far as the "pleasures of summer" that someone tried to point out to me...I don't like melons or berries, lemonade gives me heartburn, long days with extra daylight screw up my body's sleeping schedule, I can't be out in the sun @ the pool TOO LONG because I am so fair skinned I burn like flash paper, I don't garden because I technically don't even have a YARD, and I don't ever get to TAKE A VACATION because I am always so broke it's not even funny. So don't try to tell me to look for "The Good," because I already HAVE and the ONLY thing I've found good is that the students are GONE for the summer and I get easy work days. That's IT folks. Nothing more.

I am sorry this sounded so negative and bitchy (hey--better me banging it out on the computer than you having to listen to me!), but it might explain why I've felt so frustrated lately...well this and the pain. What a lovely combination. So if I go into turtle mode and withdraw into my shell, don't take it personally. It's my coping mechanism. Just laying low until it's comfortable to be a HUMAN BEING again.

But never fret...I'll be all a-joy when the first leaf drops from the tree! I GAR-ON-TEE. :)

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, July 20, 2005 , Blogger Meadow said...

You're bringing back painful memories. I lived in AZ for 5.5 years. *Goddess shivers from the thought* :)

Actually, I had a good time there but the summers were nothing nice.

 
At 12:57 PM, July 23, 2005 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

I hear you Goddess...and I am a life-long NATIVE!!!! (:-/~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home