Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

What A Wunnerful Week!


And WHAT do these 2 photos have in COMMON? Read on....


The promise of Fall is defined in the air, my daughter is KICKING ASS in 1st grade, my husband has been almost tolerable and this week was a wonderful and productive one all the way around! :o)


First off, I feel kinda guilty because here I sit in my office, while across campus, these guys- the Harlem Globe Trotters-- are playing an exhibition game in the gym. I mean they are American icons & all, but to be honest with you: SEEN IT LAST YEAR! I met and talked with some of the players on Tuesday of this week and there's a lot of the same guys there. I remembered them from last year. I love standing there talking to them, cuz #1, some of them have those Southern accents & country slang that make me weak in the knees (NO I DO NOT HAVE "JUNGLE FEVER!!!") and #2, I feel INCREDIBLY SHORT for ONCE in my life when I am standing next to one of those guys! :p I mean they are here every year and the last thing I am certain any of them want is ANOTHER person GAWKING. This IS their TRAINING CAMP, you know!

Moving on, Ralph and I had our first REAL parent/teacher conference @ Bayleigh's school on Thursday. Her teacher is so nice! Miss M told me that her boyfriend attends school here @ ERAU so we already have a common thread. She says Bayleigh does great with her work. She's an attentive student, bright, cheerful--but that she talks too much in class. WHY DOES THIS NOT SURPRISE ME!?!?!! "Like Mother, Like Daughter!" >:p I asked Miss M if it was because Bayleigh finds the work easy, gets finished quickly and then is bored and bothers the other children (that was MY problem in grades 1-5!!!), and she said that was NOT the case. Either way, I am still getting used to how they mark report cards now. S= Satisfactory, O= Outstanding, N= Needs Improvement. What ever happened to A, B, C, D, F? Now I realize that isn't PRACTICAL for elementary school grades, but when I was a kid, they did 1-5, 1 being outstanding, 2 above average, 3 average, 4 below average and 5 being FAILING. No one wanted 5's on their report card!!!! That makes more sense to ME, but then again, I ain't on the school board, so I DOUBT they will be changing it any time soon. But she's still doing GREAT and this puts me at ease as far as her getting a good start in the education arena!

Got all the components for Halloween costumes this week too. FINALLY. They are gonna look SOOO cute! I am even considering dressing up myself, but I suppose we'll see??? Ralph won't, so what's the point? Like Carlos Mencia says, "Change Halloween to: 'Dress Like A Hooker Day'!!!" LOL!

And to top off my week, I was out on vehicle patrol earlier and looked up in a north-easterly direction and lo and behold: SNOW ON THE SAN FRANCISCO PEAKS! (:-O OMG! They are about 90 miles NE of us in Flagstaff, AZ, and the elevation is over 8 thousand feet. Such a beautiful sight. Haven't seen that since EARLY May of this year! Want to take the girls tubing again this year but we might have to head for the White Mountains instead of Snow Bowl. We'll see? I know they loved it last year at WinterPlace in WV! It was me who had the PROBLEM with snow tubing(see photo above!!!).....

And last but NOT least...things are looking up in the financial department at Casa de Harris. Ralph's PT job is paying off BIG TIME. I just don't want him to get all burned out. He's NOT the most charming guy in the world when he's all burnt out and pissy.

Other than that, I am feeling well (again--after kicking that nasty cold!); I am happy that my Best Friend is feeling better, and life is good. For once. Well, besides the IDIOTS I have to deal with on a daily basis, but what can ya do about that!? Not much....I tell ya that.

Well, I've sat here and pondered enough. Time to get a move on. Hopefully this coming week is as good IF NOT BETTER than this last one. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home