Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Friday, November 25, 2005

YIKES! It's the BLACK FRIDAY PLAGUE!!!


OK OK OK...the turkey has worn off and I've come to realize something: People who shop IN STORES on Black Friday are LOCO EN LA CABESA!

I don't care HOW much money you can save, TO ME, it's just not worth it. I ain't haulin' *MY* cookies outta bed for nothing short of a nuclear attack on Black Friday, much less "HALF OFF ON ALL CELL PHONES!"

Gads...people bumping into you, stepping on you, nearly running you over with their carts...I don't put up with that on any other given day--why the hell should I put up with it the day after Thanksgiving...after I've spent a whole day counting my blessings and spending relaxing time with people I love??? There IS NO good reason.

For people like me, there's FROOGLE, and OVERSTOCK.COM....because for me, paying a little more for S&H is a CONVENIENCE to stay outta the stores and away from those pushy, rude people. Believe me--from NOW until JANUARY 2, 2006, you will NOT find me in a Wal Mart store before 10pm. No way no how. Then again, I am pretty much DONE with my shopping anyhow. Stocking stuffers and Christmas dinner stuff is about the only reasons I need to go there....and it CAN wait until midnight.

In fact, I'm happy to be working today...to be making $22/hour...and to NOT be working in ANY kind of RETAIL STORE. Been there, done that, not goin' back! I just don't know what the allure is? I can't figure it out? Up at the butt-crack of dawn to go shopping (or if you're like one of my friends--stay up all night until 5am...) BAH! HUMBUG! And for ME, who LOVES a good deal and can spend HOURS "shopping" and not spend $1, that's kind of odd. Oh well..I love to shop...I don't love crowds of rude people with those screaming kids that so many of them have. No. Thank. You.

As for now. I am off to do comparative pricing on my big ticket items...and hopefully not have to answer my radio...>:)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! *clink*

4 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, November 25, 2005 , Blogger Stormy said...

I don't shop on Black Friday either. I had to work today, so that was my excuse for NOT going.

I like to shop online for things as well. Sure beats the lines.

However, I stopped at Hallmark to get some cards today and it wasn't crowded at all. Most people were done by 5pm, I guess?!

 
At 8:04 AM, November 26, 2005 , Blogger Nicki said...

I shopped. I enjoyed it all except for Hecht's. I'm writing THEM a LETTER, dammit.

 
At 4:43 PM, November 27, 2005 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Stormy, I am SO totally with you.

Freak - more power to ya; you're MUCH braver than I. But then again, look where you live...you DO have better stores than we've got here!

You STILL ain't seein' me @ Wal Mart any time before 10p throughout the new year! LOL!

 
At 5:31 PM, November 28, 2005 , Blogger Nicki said...

you think it's going to be better at Wal-Mart after 10pm? That's like the place to be Friday and Saturday nights in Glen Burnie. You gotta get your ass up EARLY EARLY EARLY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home