Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Years Of Your Life Survery

I snagged this off MissJulieWho's blog on MySpace...I thought it was a neat way to do a survey. Something different than the regular Q&A - and we all know how I love variety!

If you want to copy and repost, I don't mind - all you do is list all the years of your life (0-whatever #) and then fill in the blanks accordingly. I am thinking I might save this and repost every year on my birthday adding the current year. LOL.

~Enjoy!

34. The number of candles on my birthday cake (someone call the fire dept.!!) that I will blow out in 40 days…shop now; beat the crowds! ;-)

33. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! (This is BY FAR the MOST pivotal moment for me this year – “Officially Adult!”)

32. This was an emotionally unbalanced year for me. I did buy a new car all by myself, though, after 5 years of paying off $25K+ in debt! I was so proud of me!!!!!

31. IN REMISSION after chemo and radiation therapy! Started working @ Embry-Riddle University. It was a good job, but it wasn’t for me. I think this is what Jell-O refers to a “career napping”. Also diagnosed with some mental issues that opened up a whole world to me. If we’d have only known these things back @ #16!!!! Oh the possibilities!

30. Diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (cancer). Here we go again. My whole family rallied around me, and this was one of THE SCARIEST things that has EVER happened to me. At the time of my diagnosis, my Dr told me that if I had waited just 2-3 more weeks, I would have died. I had been sick for 4 months. Please don’t EVER go THAT long with ANY illness – be aware of YOUR HEALTH! This tribulation of life made me 200% stronger than I’d ever been. Bayleigh also started kindergarten this year! Go, big girl!

29. Moved to Palm Springs California to manage a hotel with Ralph. We lived IN A HOTEL ROOM with TWO children for FIVE months. I got to live in the prettiest house I’d ever lived in (although the rent was $1150/month!) and liked the area we lived in for the most part. California’s a nice place to VISIT, but I will NEVER live there again! (We moved back to AZ after 10 ½ months).

28. WHAT, WHAT, WHAT!? Is that TWO STRIPES on the EPT test—AGAIN!? (:-O I spent most of this year being pregnant with Kaylin. I conceived on 1-17-01 and had her on 10-10-01. My Peanut! Also got my foot in the door in the HOTEL industry.

27. Oh look – the millennium. Ralph and I split up this year. Various reasons. We reconciled 4 months later. That was one life lesson that made me 100% stronger than I’d ever been.

26. That was the year that my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. As fucked up and foul as cancer is, that trial brought us closer together than we’ve ever been before.

25. Became a Mommy on 2-24-1998...and realized that there was a REASON I moved out of my parent's house when I was 18 bc living with them in Prescott was NO FUN!

24. WHAT, WHAT, WHAT? Is that TWO STRIPES on the EPT test!? (:-O Ralph and I were married on 7-19-1997. Moved to Prescott AZ from Yuma AZ.

23. Finally left the wonderful world of DQ for a real job that sucked big green donkey dicks with the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office. It was at this time that I really felt like I was growing up and learning things about myself and the world around me. I lost my naivety.

22. Moved in with Ralph. Talk about some GOOD TIMES…I think that first apt in Yuma that we had was THE CLOSEST I’ve EVER been to being HOMELESS.

21. Finally legal! Too bad I'd been hanging out at P.J.’s Place for a couple of years and being 21 didn't matter. Met Ralph this year, too, speaking of PJ’s…..

20. See above, I was hanging out and being stupid. REALLY STUPID. I am THANKFUL I didn’t get arrested.

19. Got THE FUNNEST job I have EVER had working @ Dairy Queen. Started in February and by the end of the summer I was the assistant manager and worked in that position for 5 more
years! It was shit for pay, but I got my way around that place and had a TON of fun and I’ve got the pictures to PROVE it.

18. One word: PHILLIP. >:-( ‘Nuff said.

17. Oh the year of Skid Row, Warrant, Faster Pussycat, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Def Leppard…. Good times….Good times, indeed. I also think this was the year me and Jell-O became friends and started runnin’ up those long distance phone calls – GAWD my Mother HATED that! Also graduated from high school that year. That summer, Bonnie and I did things that only me and her know about. I am surprised we didn’t get arrested. LOL.

16. If bushes were trees, the trees would be fallin’, because Jodi is driving….Lord help us all! And everyone loved the 1979 Chevy Silverado “Attitude Truck!” Lemme tell ya, she was a SCHWEET ride! That was also the year of “ONION HEAD!” And Bonnie and I got our matching tattoos! Also the number of days left until we go see Motley Crue and Aerosmith!

15. Figured out what BOYS were all about! And met Freak Magnet…one of my dearest VBFF!

14. Age when I started high school…and I was one of the GEEKIEST Freshmen of them all!!!!!!!

13. Age I was when I got my first kiss!

12. Number of 45 RPM records I still own. Even though I have nothing to play them on! Also the age I was before I EVER saw or touched SNOW.

11. Became “a woman”….blech!

10. My tenth birthday was a big deal, I went from single to double digits and into my first training bra.

9. My lucky number! (Or any variable of 3)

8. I HATED 3rd grade…but I was in puppy love with Alex Sevilla!

7. Age I got my ears pierced for the first time….and the date of my birthday every December!

6. I remember the Iran hostage situation and singing “Tie A Yellow Ribbon” at school – it was on the local TV channel.

5. The number of minutes more sleep I need every morning when the alarm goes off. (AMEN, Julie!)

4. Number of fur babies living in this house + age I started school!

3. My lucky number, the year we moved into the 10th Avenue house in Yuma, and the number of days left until Halloween 2006!

2. They couldn’t keep me dressed @ age 2. I have hundreds of photos that could be considered
CHILD PORN these days – circa 1974.

1. Apparently, per photos, I was one bald headed little chub-kin @ age 1. But I think my Grammie and Papa were nuts about me!

0. I like to daydream that I was an immaculate conception…although my parents have told me otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home