Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Like YOU Don't Do SOMETHING "Weird" ....


I was here at work tonight, all by my lonesome (har), and my management team (one M, one F) came in because they have guests here @ the hotel this weekend.

I was in the process of cleaning out my wallet on a "downtime" moment (don't get many of those around here anymore!) and I found some cash that I'd just shoved into the bottom of my purse. It was all a mess, wrinkled and crinkled up...so I did what any SANE and REASONABLE person would do: I sorted it by denomination and plugged in an iron.

That's right: I iron my crinkly money.


OK, first and foremost: SHUT IT.

Secondly, it goes into the vending machines all nice and easy and I don't get them spit back out at me. And lastly, when I have to make ATM deposits for the Avon business, it makes the envelope go in 100% easier. Plus it looks nicer in my wallet and I am not ashamed TO PAY anyone, since my bills aren't all rolled and crumpled. I started doing this when I was in college because the vending machines at my school SUCKED ASS, and unless the bill was flat and wrinkle-free, it wouldn't go in NO MATTER WHAT you did to it. I could only take SO MANY drink-free afternoons in the heat of the Arizona desert, so I figured out that a tad of starch and the steam setting fared me well!

Anyhow, back here at the hotel, Pam looked at me like I had three heads. She thought that was THE WEIRDEST thing she'd ever heard of. She said the only time she'd seen that was on TV and usually the "ironer" as "up to no good". Her guests didn't think too much of it, and the M part of the team said: "Right on..."

He "GETS IT". :o) I knew there was an underlying reasons why I liked him so much!


I personally just hate money to be all crumpled up. As a cashier NOW and in many positions past, I appreciate putting a bill into my cash drawer that will lay flat.

So there you have my reasons.

Just don't ask me how I get those bills SO "April Fresh."

7 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, January 21, 2007 , Blogger Stormy said...

Uhhh......okay! Hmmm....right.

Let me think on this--send it up the flag pole and see who salutes it and I'll return! :-)

Love ya Jodes!

 
At 3:42 PM, January 21, 2007 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

LOL - I don't care! It's just a "thing" I do...and not very often - maybe like 3 times a year.

My point of this post was that everyone has some weird little out of the ordinary thing they do. Some little "quirk". And that makes you WHO you ARE.

I just chose to write about mine bc I'd never seen anyone react like Pam did! And she's probably gonna tell everyone anyhow...jokes about Jodi and an iron will probably surface soon! :p

 
At 12:48 PM, January 22, 2007 , Blogger Steven said...

You tell me that you iron your money, then you tell me to shut it?

Damn you...

Cause I would have had alot to say. ;)

Steve~

 
At 4:38 PM, January 22, 2007 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Steven - So say it :) I already hung it out there for everyone to see. I don't really care what anyone else thinks...just keep in mind that people in glass houses shoudn't throw stones...or undress. LOL.

 
At 10:43 AM, January 23, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't iron, but my money has to be in numerical order, smallest to largest, with the bills all face up. No folding allowed. And my change, its separated. Pennies do not co mingle with the silver. And quarters have their own compartments. I think that combined with my hand saniter fettish means I have OCD. lol

 
At 10:44 AM, January 23, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, that reminds me credit cards are sorted my color. Fuck, I do have issues.

 
At 3:43 PM, January 23, 2007 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Julie - That's one reason WHY I love you so much: me and you IDENTIFY! ;-)

It's not issues that we have, it's minimal control over SOMETHING in our lives. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home