Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Can Only Imagine....


Today was somewhat of a sad day for me.


Before my 2 new mangers took over at the hotel, I worked for a WONDERFUL lady named “M”. I found out today that M’s mom passed away this weekend. She was almost 90. She passed peacefully in her sleep.


Needless to day, this really got me thinking this evening. And I think that Forrest’s Mama was right: Dyin’ is just a party of livin’. You never know when it’s going to be your time.


I’ve been thinking a lot about when it’s MY time. Everything in the news with Anna Nicole and all of the legal “silly string” she left behind is a prime example of why you should have all of your ducks in a row before someone opens “DUCK SEASON”.


I am not afraid of death. I know it’s inevitable. It’s the life you lived, the people you helped or touched and the legacy you leave behind that matters most.


I think from this day forward, it is going to be different for me. This isn’t a religious cop out or me realizing I’m older now and will only proceed to GET older and I must secure my place in Heaven NOW, but just the fact that if I died tomorrow, what difference it WOULD make. I have children. I have a family. I have friends that love me and that I love (no, not THAT way).


I just want to know that it’s ALL GOOD before I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home