Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day ~ 2007


PFC Chad Eric Bales
October 16, 1982 - April 3, 2003
Died in non-hostile vehicle convoy attack east of Ash Shahin, Iraq



Chad was my cousin Ginger's son. He was my 2nd cousin. I will always remember him as a bright and outgoing little boy who loved to spend time on the farm with Papa and Grams.


I may put something about Chad up annually on days of remembrance. but there are more to remember than just him. My Grandfather, John M. Lewis, was a veteran of WWII, I am married to a veteran, and my 2 dear Aunts are also veterans. It saddens me to see protesters burning flags and disrespecting the veterans. Everyone's entitled to their free speech and their right to protest, but PLEASE show these men and women some respect. They're only doing a job they're forced to do in order to keep YOUR freedom in tact and our country free of terror and tyranny. They sacrifice their lives for your freedom. Doesn't that mean anything to you?


If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it in ENGLISH - thank a soldier.

'myspace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home