Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Baby, It's ALL RIGHT Now!






(Yeah I posted this on My Sp already....deal with it!)


I'M ONCE AGAIN A COLLEGE STUDENT! CMy frist class is Monday night @ 5pm!


I spent all day at the college here in town standing on this line, waiting to see that adviser, waiting in that line, getting that form signed... and when it was all said and done - I'm taking a certificate program to become a MEDICAL ASSISTANT!


I hope to work my way into medical transcription and coding eventually, but this cert program is the FIRST step.


I got federal financial aid - my books alone are over $350 (ONE book is $110!!! How do I get into this line of work of ripping hardworking people off!?!?!?!) and there's some lab fees. Gotta see if I can find those books USED or ONLINE (or both!) cheaper than that...I'm a penny-pincher, what can I say?


This is going to take me until the end of Summer 2008 to complete. There's also an INTERNSHIP that I must complete, so I am pretty excited about that.


It's been 12 years since I've been in school and this is NOT what I started out studying, so it's all going to be new and different. Shoot -when I was in college, they'd BARELY started getting the Internet on my campus in about 1994 and it took about 10 minutes for a page to load - so I am bracing myself! I'm an old dog, but gosh darn it, I'm going to learn some new tricks!


I am just so freakin' excited I can barely stand myself! No more part time minimum wage jobs for me, no sirree...my future's so bright, I gotta wear shades! :o)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home