She Gets It From Her Father.....*SIGH*
WE (yes! Ralph even went with!) went and talked to Bayleigh's teacher today. Turns out my child is only testing at the level of a kindergardener in their FIRST MONTH of school. Now...this is the same child who also told her teacher last week that I'd had a baby so she wouldn't have to take her spelling test. Crafty? Oh yes. That's my daughter--she comes by it honestly.
Anyhow, rather than take her out of the 1st grade class, they are going to let her "help" the K kids in the mornings with their work in hopes that it will jog her memory somehow. She is very adamant about not going back to the "baby class." We also got some extra work for her to do at home. It's going to be hard, but it's the only way! I hope she's able to overcome this. The next step is a thing called the 45 Day Test. They are going to evaluate her once again and then if she hasn't showed any improvement, they are going to bring in a specialist to test her for learning disabilities. Please cross your fingers folks. I know this child isn't dumb...she memorizes the words to songs she hears almost instantly. I will keep everything updated.
OK..I have to go back out on patrol. I'm at work, but just needed to get this Bayleigh thing off my chest. Night!






1 Comments:
Well, I would hope Ralph would go along to see Bayleigh's teacher. Otherwise, I could not respect him at all.
To the matter, I have honestly not heard of this before and I am sorry that Bayleigh is going through this. I don't know what to say. Just know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home