Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, October 23, 2004

And It Starts....

I got home last night and Ralph told me the doctor's office called and left a message but that he didn't listen to it. So I checked the messages and Dr. Duncan HIMSELF called and had my chest x-ray results form yesterday morning. I'd gone to Medwise after taking Bayleigh to school and got a prescribed chest xray for him to see how bad the bronchitis was........

Pneumonia.

ALREADY.

Leave it to me to get pneumonia in perfectly comfortable weather. Just like last year in AUGUST when I got it and ended up inthe hospital for 5 days. Of course I was still in chemotherapy then and they were taking special care of me...but still...I don't even feel that bad other than the rattling and tightness. I need more symptoms to let me know when I am getting this crap. I cannot afford to end up in the hospital this year! I know that people don't like other people to talk about it in GENERAL, but somedays I wonder if this is going to get worse as I get older and if it does...I think I'll be happy when I die. Don't chastise me for saying that. I just don't want to be one of those old people that's sick all the time. I don't think I could stand it. Let's just hope this is my ONLY bout with pneumonia this season. Bad enough I couldn't get a flu shot....*sigh*

I have still been thinking about everything NFW said to me in her email yesterday. Sinking in. I feel a little ashamed. She is my bestest friend and for some reason even though I could give a fart less what anyone else thinks about me, her approval and support is an important thing to me....and she doesn't like me very much right now :( I hope she reads this and knows how sorry I am. I hope she reads this, and then goes and watches Beaches again and realizes that true friends can work through things and that they don't always have to get along and agree to still be the sisters they always have been. Luv ya, Nickita.

OK..OK..I am here @ work and even though I don't feel like doing anything, I guess I should. Get the old blood circulating..go out and rattle some cages..put those jack rabbits IN THEIR PLACE! LOL....

Peace out y'all!

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, October 24, 2004 , Blogger Stormy said...

Hey Jodi!
I would think you are HIGH RISK for the flu. Why doesn't your dr just give you the shot himself? You do have a weakened immune system. Also, have you thought about getting a shot for pneumonia? Obviously, you can't get it now, but the older people at work get them and they last 2 years or something.

I think you should talk to your dr about those issues.

Take care.

 
At 3:40 PM, October 24, 2004 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Stormy,

I have talked to him and his office isn't even getting fu shots this year. He told me to call the county health dept and see what they say and he'd give me a letter saying I needed one. They are very scarce here! And the pneumonia shots do not work for me. I dunno why? I've been lucky to not have a flu in almost 2 years, though. Maybe my immune system is holding it's own for now? I am going to keep trying to get a flu shot though.Just gonna be a matter of time! THanks for the well wishes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home