UnDeR PrEsSuRe
First off, I got nothing. Nothing of much importance to blog about. I could talk about how absurd it is that Leona Helmsley left her DOG 12 million dollars. I could also complain about how cruel and unfair our government is regarding the pace of rebuilding in New Orleans, on this, the 2nd anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. I could also poke fun (no pun intended) at the “sexcapades of Idaho Sen. Larry Craig.
But I ain’t gonna. It’s all old news anyhow. If you know me, you know how I feel about eccentric old women, philandering politicians and all of the poor souls that were raped by Hurricane Katrina.
I’ve just been lost in Jodi-Ville, population ME. School is in full swing. I don’t know what I got myself in to; all I do know is that it’s an all-consuming endeavor trying to find CHEAP textbooks online. I hate to think of ordering used ones, because the person that had the book before you could have been an IDIOT and it’s really hard to try to read through 2 different colors of highlighter. I’ve got until next week to get these books…I am seriously considering drastic measures to obtain money for these books. My education means a shit load to me and I am NOT very proud right now. I’ll update.
Then, I go and get in my car to go to the grocery store, bank and post office today and I get 3 blocks from the house when I realize that there’s something amiss. My right front wheel well is SMOKING when I finally got pulled over and able to check it out. The horrid smell of something sickly sweet yet burnt gagged me when walked around to the passenger’s side. I still don’t know what it is – I called Ralph & he’s coming home an hour early so I can at least get to my first phlebotomy class tonight. I swear that car is falling apart – I seriously think that all FORDS are programmed to fall apart @ 80,000+ miles. I wish I could take that damned car somewhere and trade it straight across and pick up the payments where they left off, you know? I so seriously need a reliable car. The one I had before this was like a tank – even though it was a little Ford Escort. I think that’s the only model produced in the 90s that Ford made that was worth its salt. I am seriously considering a Kia or a Scion…. lucky for me, I don’t have to make that decision RIGHT NOW – because I don’t have 2 CENTS to rub together, so why worry about it?
Amex is trying to bring a judgment against me for my account. I am not that worried about them, because I know they can't actually do it for a while. It's just a threat right now. All of the other credit cards I haven’t been able to pay since May have self-canceled and have been turned over to collections. All I have to say to these assholes is that they will get theirs when I get mine. WHEN EVER that may be. Who knows? The bad debt may be written off my credit record BEFORE I ever get the money to pay these Ass Hats. The outlook is bleak.
OK – well, enough “venting” for now. The kids will be home soon and Mommy has to have her “Nerve Pill” before that happens…or else gets all dramatic up in this house between now and dinner.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home