Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Is It The Middle Of SEPTEMBER ALREADY!?


Hey there, hi there, ho there!


Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I’m still here. Just been out of commission for a few days due to a nasty sinus/ear infection. Man, I am CURSED when it comes to all things ears, nose and throat. But I’m doing better now – at least the headache is gone. It was so bad Monday night, I think I would’ve rather blown my entire head OFF than went another second with that pain!


Went to the Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey circus last weekend – have AWESOME pix to upload. When I can find the time to upload them. Bear with me. I don’t care what PETA says – this circus RAWKED – those people LOVE their animals.


School’s taking a lot of my time, but that’s OK – it’s all for the greater good. I FINALLY got ALL of my TEXTBOOKS yesterday. I still have to buy 2 guides that are about $100/ea. Oy – no wonder the majority of college students “starve”. But the good thing is, they are both Medical Coding guides and I happen to have a PROFESSIONAL Medical Coder (or as their little thingy after their name says, CPC = Certified Professional Coder) in my family, so she is going to let me borrow those guides from 4p Tuesdays to 4p on Wednesdays (until I can buy my own guides) so that I don’t have to drop the class. I’m determined. I’m so back-ass-wards – I don’t want to DO ANYTHING until I am threatened with the possibly that I won’t be ABLE to…. then it’s on. Hey, I know it’s a jacked up system, but it works for me.


Anyhow, I digress…school. I love it!! I don’t know how many days in a row I won’t faint in phlebotomy lab, but I’m gonna try not to. I only have 5 more weeks left because it's an 8 week course, so I think I can do it! I have my lecture class for Phlebotomy tonight. It’s interesting. I like it. Our teacher is a Med Tech at the hospital here and she’s GREAT! She has an assistant for the lab on Saturdays that was one of my “Vampires" when I was in the hospital 4 years ago this summer – AND SHE REMEMBERS ME! I mentioned the purple Eeyore pajama bottoms and she totally recognized me! That’s a great feeling – although I am not sure if she remembers me for good reasons or because I was a big whiny baby whenever they accessed my sub-clavian Groshong catheter!?!?!?!


The Medical Coding class started out kicking my ass, but I’ve got a good grip on it now. I got a 60% on my first quiz…I was so downhearted! But I took my second quiz on line today and got a PERFECT 100%!! Yay, me! :o)


The Spanish class is going to be a cakewalk. I am NOT one of those Critically Caucasian people who try to implement English letter sounds on Spanish words. Of course growing up in a community where we CRACKERS/WHETTOS were the MINORITY helps. I just think that our professor is adorable. He's 26 & a former missionary to Argentina...and he speaks his Espanol VERY well - but you can totally tell this boy's NEVER taught a class before. I think it's the fact that he's all alone in a room with 18 women for 2 hours every week. Might be the closest thing he has to a sex life. >:p


Fundamentals of Health Care is one of my 8-week classes, too, and we are totally cramming 16 weeks of work into that class. She’s requiring a term paper. Ug. I mean I write good ones – it just takes me a while to get going. I am not even sure at this point what I want to write about – but I guess I better get a move on because I’ve only got 5 weeks of class left! Like I said – I AM THE PROCRASTINATION QUEEN!


OK – enough’s enough. I need to get the rest of my homework done. I’ve got 90 minutes! I’ll be putting up a pic soon – I’ve got an….”improved" hair color! ;-) That ought to keep you guessing....


Hasta luego!



P.S. And as for THIS - WHO CARES???? She's turning into the female version of Elvis Presley in the 21st Century....it's sad, but shit happens...and she brought it all. on. herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home