Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, April 27, 2008

If You're A Criminal, Please Stay Out Of My State...

...unless you want to face the wrath of THIS man:

I was just watching the Phoenix news on this Sunday night…it always depresses me, because as I’ve grown up, it’s just gotten worse and worse. No more city celebrations. No more fun facts. Just murder, drugs, muggings, human smuggling….sometimes it makes me dread the fact that I brought 2 beautiful children into this world. But that’s another blog for another time. What I wanted to write about tonight is Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

I have to admit, Wikipedia strikes a nerve with me for its lack of VALID information, but for the most part, everything they’ve written about America’s Toughest Sheriff is TRUE. Are his methods ethical? That’s for you to decide. Some say he’s arrogant and sadistic. I say he’s right on the money. Once you’re proven guilty in a court of law, IMO, you HAVE NO RIGHTS. You violated someone in some way and now you must pay the price. He doesn’t treat his prisoners any worse than the crack head on the wrong side of town treats his dog – and the local police turn a blind eye to that all the time!!!

I mean, if he’s so awful and doing such a horrible job, then WHY does he keep getting re-elected???? WHY do people contribute hundreds of thousands of dollars to his campaigns???

I’m not a conservative, but I do come from a law enforcement/correctional background. I know things that you never know existed. You think you know it because you saw it on “Law & Order” one night…. well, that’s the “sugar-coated” version that no one wants regular law-abiding folk to know about. I for one am NOT ashamed to admit that the life of crime is a tough life and I wouldn’t last in it one minute. Call me a wuss – call me weak – I know my limitations and I would just be candy for a celly named “Big Bertha”.

Anyhow – you read about Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Is he tough? Yeah.

Is he correct in what he does? Some think so.

Do I always agree with him? No.

Does he have balls? A HUGE, SHINY BRASS SET.

I say it takes a braver more courageous person to take the road less traveled – no matter WHAT county it’s in and maybe if there were more law enforcement officials like Sheriff Joe, who weren't in it for the politics and the ass-kissing and that beloved 'Good Ole Boy System', our country would be a much safer place for its citizens because they would have officials that they could believe in and trust.

My 2 cents worth. Take it or leave it.

Much love to those....

P.S. Ralph says a better name for this post would have been "He's Got The Biggest Balls Of Them All" ~ gotta love his classic rock references! :o)


Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, April 28, 2008 , Blogger none said...

We need 10,000 more just like him. The crime rate would plummet.

 
At 1:26 PM, May 03, 2008 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Amen, Hammer!

Nice to see you again...I'll be stopping by "your place' this weekend while I'm online and getting caught up! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home