Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Friday, May 19, 2006

In It To Win It


(This post should have originated on May 6, 2006; but due to my constantly busy schedule, I failed to get it up in time. My Bad. My Apologies.)

Here’s to you, you crazy kids! * CLINK! * :o)

Today’s my parent’s 34th wedding anniversary. THIRY-FOUR YEARS. That’s a LONG time. They’ve been together about 40 years altogether, but 34 of those in wedded bliss. (Har,har). Seriously, though, in this day and age – that’s truly a commendable feat, since there are a lot of couples that don’t even make it past 34 MONTHS.

There were times I didn’t think they would make it. I wondered what fate held for our untraditional little family of three. There were slim times. There were prosperous times. There were sad times. Happy times. Crying times. Laughing times. Angry times. Times I’d wished those 2 had never met, much less that I’d been born. And times that I felt like the luckiest kid in the world to have 2 parents that pushed me to be independent and to make good choices in life.

They showed me that family could flourish if the love was there. They’ve taught me to value the little things in life and to always work hard to get a head. Take that path of least resistance – you just might end up being a trailblazer. They have showed me that happiness is the meaning of life. Being satisfied with whom you are and what you do is what’s most important. Having integrity and being fair are the rules of the game.

It was pretty tough growing up and going through my teen years with TWO parents who had law enforcement careers. A lot of people didn’t want to be my friend because of that fact, but in the end, I realized they weren’t truly friends anyhow. And God forbid it, but I willing admit NOW that my parents were right 95% of the time as far as my first 18 years were concerned. Although if you were to have asked me that 15 years ago I would have scoffed tremendously!

But now that I am a Mother with 2 kids of my own – hind sight is 20/20 and crystal clear and I am so happy to have both of them here with me to share this journey. I am closer to them now than I have ever been and it’s because I followed their advice and guidance.

Thanks, Mom & Dad. I love you guys! Happy Anniversary! :o)

If “I am” is the shortest sentence in the English language, then “I do” must be the longest. Here’s to MANY more.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, May 20, 2006 , Blogger Nicki said...

That was sweet. Happy Anniversary!

 
At 10:00 PM, May 20, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Well, I feel like you do about my parents. All 4 of them have got good things going as couples, don'tcha think?? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home